The history of the Solaure en Diois mill
Photo of the Moulin du Pont de Quart taken in 1912, shortly before its enlargement.
The first written record that we found concerning the mill is a handwritten document dating from 1540.
Gaspard de Montauban, lord and baron of Montmaur and Aix en Diois, declared to the King the fief of the mill and the toll of the Quart bridge (former name of the town of Solaure en Diois).
Today the bridge has been moved and the site is less suitable for energy production.
It has become the perfect place to unwind and spend peaceful stay near the water in complete safety.